THE CHEVRON AND TEXACO SUMMER DRIVE GAS GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE, TRANSACTION OR CARD APPLICATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR TRANSACTION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN NY, NJ, VA & WHERE PROHIBITED
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD/DESCRIPTION: The Chevron and Texaco Summer Drive Gas Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") begins on 7/1/13 at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 9/30/13 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The computer operated by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the "Administrator") is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) random drawing each month (dates detailed below), from among all eligible entries received during that monthly drawing period (each, a "Monthly Drawing"), throughout the Sweepstakes Period. There will be one (1) Grand Prize random drawing performed on or about 10/8/13 from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period (the "Grand Prize Drawing"). There will be a total of thirty (30) Monthly Drawing Prize winners (10 at each Monthly Drawing) and ten (10) Grand Prize Drawing winners.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are living within, and are legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico (but excluding New York, New Jersey and Virginia) and who are at least 18 years or older as of the time of their entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win: Officers, directors, independent contractors and employees of GE Capital Retail Bank ("Sponsor"), Administrator, Chevron U.S.A. Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies; their distributors, contractors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, and promotional agencies and other individuals or entities involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sponsor & Others") and all of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and/or the household members of each). The Sweepstakes is intended solely for viewing and participation in the United States and shall be construed and evaluated solely under United States federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is void in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, and all jurisdictions other than those listed above, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE, TRANSACTION OR CARD APPLICATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a day is a calendar day, beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes, a purchase method of entry and a non-purchase method of entry.
A. PURCHASE METHOD - You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Monthly Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing each time you use your Chevron and Texaco Personal Credit Card or your Chevron and Texaco Visa Credit Card (each hereinafter referred to as an "Eligible Credit Card") to effectuate a purchase transaction at a Chevron or Texaco gas station that is for, or includes, a purchase of fuel during such purchase transaction (a "Qualified Transaction") during the Sweepstakes Period. Qualified Transactions must post to your applicable Eligible Credit Card account (each, an "Account") during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible and will count toward the Monthly Drawing period in which such Qualified Transaction posts and toward the Grand Prize Drawing. Non-winning Monthly Drawing entries will not be carried forward into the subsequent Monthly Drawings, if any. There is no limit to the number of entries one entrant may receive to each Monthly Drawing or to the Grand Prize Drawing. Eligible Credit Card holders who wish to enter via this method of entry must have an open Account that is in good standing at the time of their Qualified Transaction for the automatic entry to count. All purchases are subject to credit approval. Sponsor is not responsible for any merchant delays in processing Qualified Transactions, which may cause potential Qualified Transactions to post after the Sweepstakes Period or to one Monthly Drawing versus another. Qualified Transactions include purchase transactions only, and do not include any of the following: balance transfers, cash equivalent transactions, incurring a fee to purchase any optional service offered through the Eligible Credit Card, cash advances of any kind or any other non-purchase transaction, purchase transactions made at an eligible Chevron or Texaco station location that do not include a purchase of fuel, or any purchases made with an Eligible Credit Card at any other location. Transactions made with lost or stolen Eligible Credit Cards or Account numbers do not qualify for entry. If you do not already have an Eligible Credit Card, you can go to http://www.chevrontexacocards.com/ for card application information. All applicants must meet Sponsor's standard eligibility and credit criteria to qualify for an Eligible Credit Card account. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of the entries and/or the potential winner of a prize, automatic entries will be declared made by the primary Account holder ("Primary Account Holder") of the Eligible Credit Card as determined solely by Sponsor.
B. NON-PURCHASE METHOD – To enter without owning an Eligible Credit Card or making a Qualified Transaction during the Sweepstakes Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the applicable Monthly Drawing and one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Drawing each time you print your full name, address (no P.O. box accepted), city, state, zip code, daytime and evening phone numbers and date of birth on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper and mail it in a stamped hand-addressed business size envelope that is postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period to: The Chevron and Texaco Summer Drive Gas Giveaway, PO Box 7822, Melville, NY 11775-7822. Such mail-in entries will be placed into the applicable Monthly Drawing in accordance with their postmark date. There is a limit of one entry per person, per mailing envelope, into the applicable Monthly Drawing and Grand Prize Drawing. Non-winning Monthly Drawing entries will not be carried forward into the subsequent Monthly Drawings, if any. There is no limit to the total number of entries one entrant may receive via this non-purchase method of entry to each Monthly Drawing and Grand Prize Drawing but there is a limit of one entry per person per mailing envelope. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. Illegible entries are void. To be included in the applicable Monthly Drawing and Grand Prize Drawing, your entry must be postmarked by the last day of each month and received by Administrator within seven (7) days thereafter.
- MONTHLY AND GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWINGS AND ODDS: The Administrator, an independent judging agency, will conduct all random Monthly Drawings and the Grand Prize Drawing.
Monthly Drawings: Ten (10) Monthly Drawing winners (subject to verification) will be randomly selected in each Monthly Drawing, which will be held on or about eight (8) days following the end of each Monthly Drawing period specified below. Therefore, there will be thirty (30) Monthly Drawing winners in total throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Monthly Drawings will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Drawing period. Non-winning Monthly Drawing entries will not be carried forward into the subsequent Monthly Drawings, if any. The odds of winning a Monthly Drawing Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Monthly Drawing period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules. The Monthly Drawing periods are as follows:
|Monthly Drawing Period
||Monthly Drawing Period Dates
||Random Drawing Date
(on or about)
8/1/13 – 8/31/13
9/1/13 – 9/30/13
Grand Prize Drawing: Ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners will be selected in the Grand Prize Drawing, which will be held on or about 10/8/13, from among all eligible Grand Prize Drawing entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning a Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Grand Prize Drawing entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules.
- PRIZES AND RETAIL VALUE: Grand Prize (10): $2,500 worth of Chevron and Texaco Gift Cards. Monthly Drawing Prize (30 total – 10 per month): A $250 Chevron and Texaco Gift Card. Gift cards are subject to separate terms and conditions. Gift Cards are redeemable only for fuel and authorized goods and services at participating Chevron and Texaco stations. Sponsor shall use its best efforts to award all prizes listed in these Official Rules. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes listed in these Official Rules be awarded. In total, there is a potential for $32,500 in prizes to be awarded during the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) Monthly Prize and one (1) Grand Prize per person/household.
- NOTIFICATION/AFFIDAVITS: All potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and being declared an official winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor and/or Administrator by email (if applicable), mail, or by phone. Monthly Drawing Prize winners will be notified and/or will receive their prizes by mail approximately six to eight weeks from the respective Monthly Drawing date. The potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted via phone, email and/or mail on or about 10/9/13. All potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/compliance (including providing his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a publicity/liability release ("Release"), as allowed by law, within fourteen (14) days (including weekends and holidays) or by the return date specified in the prize notification call, email or letter, or he/she will forfeit the prize. In the event of prize forfeiture, a potential winner is unreachable, the prize notification call, email or letter is incorrect/undeliverable, or if a potential winner declines acceptance of the prize, Sponsor may award the prize to a randomly selected alternate potential winner. All Grand Prize winners will be issued a Form 1099, as required by the Internal Revenue Service, in the amount of the total value of the prize. All taxes related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual winners.
All potential winners of the Sweepstakes are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection and verification of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If a selected winner is an Account holder, and the Account holder entered the Sweepstakes by virtue of having made a purchase transaction during the Sweepstakes Period, in order to receive a prize he/she must have an Account open and in good standing in accordance with the terms of the applicable Account agreement both at the time of the entry and the date the prize is awarded.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due or misdirected entries, interrupted or unavailable network servers involved in posting transactions, processing entries, internet access or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions/failures of any kind or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected Sweepstakes entries, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person or person's computer or property related to participating in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor & Others are not liable for any transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter the system for any reason, or are processed reported or transmitted late or incorrectly for any reason. Sponsor & Others are not responsible or liable for any Internet connectivity costs, credit card costs, dial-up access costs, or upload fees. Persons found tampering with, abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or violating these Official Rules, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner or entry based on an automatic entry, the winning entry will be declared made by the Primary Account Holder of the Eligible Credit Card, as determined solely by Sponsor's records. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE ACCOMPANYING THE PRODUCTS BEING AWARDED AS THE PRIZES. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that he/she has read these Official Rules and that he/she will be strictly bound by them. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes and any/all prizes awarded. By accepting a prize, winners grant Sponsor the right to use their individual names, addresses, photographs, and likenesses for advertising, publicity & promotional purposes and for any other such purposes as Sponsor so determines, in any and all media worldwide without limitation, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not be responsible for illegible, damaged, lost, late, stolen, postage-due, incomplete, undelivered/undeliverable, misdirected or returned mail. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, viruses, tampering, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes at random from among the eligible automatic and mail-in entries received each month and overall up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- DISPUTES: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN CONNECTICUT; (2) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT TO CONTEST JURISDICTION; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Connecticut.
- GENERAL RELEASE: Each entrant hereby agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor & Others, from any claims, actions, damages, losses or injury of any kind including but not limited to personal injury or death, resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded or participation in any prize-related activity. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income, or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Sponsor & Others have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express, or implied (including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes or to any prize.
- WINNERS LIST
Grand Prize Winners: $2,500 worth of Chevron and Texaco gift cards.
Jeffrey H, Oceanside CA
Howard S, Florence AL
Eddie J, Anaheim CA
Wilmon R, Land O' Lakes FL
Mary Ellen R, Rancho Santa Margarita CA
Matthew K, Mosier OR
Elizabeth L, Ventura CA
Monthly Winners: A $250 Chevron and Texaco Gift Card.
Therese H, Placerville CA
Victor M, Huntington Park CA
Elizabeth D, Willits CA
Angela S, Winnsboro LA
Sandra B, Baton Rouge LA
Michael D, Fallbrook CA
H Valerie E, San Luis Obispo CA
Mark F, Vancouver WA
Betty W, Placentia CA
Rector S, Sacramento CA
Patrick V, Salem OR
James W, Palmdale CA
Linda C, Manteca CA
Elizabeth S, Lake Forest Park WA
Theron B, Apple Valley CA
Kamyar C, Los Angeles CA
Mark C, Morgan Hill CA
John W, Saint George GA
Stephen F, Santa Rosa Valley CA
Bernie K, Woodland Hills CA
John L, Powderly TX
Jean S, Lake Worth FL
Michael J, Sandy UT
Thomas M, Laguna Beach CA
Tonya K, Belmont CA
Jennifer M, Las Vegas NV
Wilma Y, Lynwood CA
Michael H, Maricopa AZ
Steve J, Rncho Murieta CA
F. Z, Yorba Linda CA
- SPONSOR: GE Capital Retail Bank, 777 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT.
CHEVRON, the Chevron Hallmark, TEXACO, the Star T Logo, and TECHRON are registered trademarks of Chevron Intellectual Property LLC. The Chevron and Texaco Visa Card and Personal Credit Card are issued by GE Capital Retail Bank and are not an obligation of Chevron U.S.A. Inc.